Back Pain Relief at Moss Chiropracticnear Leisure World-Norbeck, MD
Don’t let your back pain limit you
If you’re suffering from back pain, you are not alone. Nine out of 10 American adults will experience back pain in their lives, making it the 5th most common cause for visits to the doctor. In fact, it is a leading cause of disability worldwide. Fortunately, you can take measures to prevent or relieve most back pain and surgery is rarely necessary. With the right approach most back pain usually gets better within a few days or weeks.
The types of back pain people have can be quite different, from a persistent dull ache to sudden sharp pain. The cause of pain can be from a sprain, fracture, or other injury, but it can also stem from a disease or medical condition, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, or spinal stenosis (a narrowing of the spinal canal through which the spinal cord runs). Many people develop back pain in part because they’re overweight or their lifestyle is too sedentary.
When you should see a Chiropractor near Leisure World-Norbeck if you have back pain
If you are struggling to manage the level of pain, or your back pain has persisted for more than three to four weeks, it’s worth seeking the advice of a chiropractor. Chiropractors are highly skilled to effectively manage and treat most back pain. You should contact a chiropractor if you have experienced any of the following symptoms for longer than a couple of days:
- Difficulty moving
- Persistent dull or aching sensation in your lower back
- Inability to stand up straight
- A decreased range of motion
- Constant or intense pain, especially when you are lying down or at night
- Pain radiating down one or both of your legs
- Weakness, tingling or numbness in one or both of your legs
- Redness or swelling in the region of your pain
Types of Treatments to get relief from back pain
At Moss Chiropractic near the Leisure World-Norbeck area we will take the time to get to know your back pain to be sure we have determined its cause so we can recommend a course of treatment specific to you. We will create a personalized treatment plan for you, designed to offer relief as well as a program to help prevent back pain in the future.
Most people respond well to treatment and we help them get back to their regular activities faster.
Here are the most common treatment techniques we use to help you become pain-free.
Your treatment plan may include:
- Regular spinal adjustments to align the spine and prevent twisting
- Manual release therapy to relax and treat tight and sore muscles and release tension
- Digital postural assessment
- Individualized mirror image posture exercises
- Stretching to relieve pressure on spine bones and improve range of motion
- Hot and cold therapy to relieve pain and inflammation
- Decompression therapy to relieve pressure on disks
- We will be able to provide simple exercises that you can do at home to relieve your pain and to help prevent it from coming back
- We will also be able to provide you with safe lifting techniques, tips for good posture, and other strategies you can incorporate into your day to prevent re-injury.
How we help prevent your pain coming back
We typically incorporate exercise, nutritional counseling, and rehabilitation into your treatment plan. We also advise on easy lifestyle changes that will help reduce your pain symptoms through good ergonomics to avoid distorting the natural shape of the spine and putting undue stress on it. This can enhance the health of your spine and strengthen core muscles.
Possible Consequences of Untreated Back Pain
Many people choose to just “tough it out,” but ignoring back pain doesn’t make it go away, and it can even make it worse.
Untreated back pain prevents you from getting into a comfortable position at night, which prevents you from getting a good night’s sleep. You probably already know that poor-quality sleep is linked to poor overall health and contributes to issues with mood, focus, and physical well-being, so relieving your back pain has to be a priority.
When you have back pain for an extended time, you change the way you move, often putting new strain and pressure on other parts of the back and body. It’s common for pain in one area of the back to lead to new or worsened pain in others, especially in your back.
The Cleveland Clinic reports that half of all people with chronic pain also have anxiety or depression. So chronic back pain can leave you feeling helpless, worthless, and sleep-deprived. Unfortunately, your back pain and depression actually worsen one another, advancing both conditions.
Which is why it’s so important to get your health back on track. Call us today for a no-obligation consultation.
How chiropractic care helps back pain
A 2018 study showed that patients who received chiropractic care for back pain reported less pain, less disability, and higher satisfaction with their treatment than patients who did not receive chiropractic care. These patients also needed less pain medication and reported no side effects from treatment.
Fortunately, there is no longer any need to suffer from ongoing lower back pain. We can help relieve your discomfort and enable you to work, sleep and enjoy life without worrying about back pain. At Moss Chiropractic, we help you find long-term relief through personalized treatment. Book your first session with us today to find the back pain relief you need.
The Moss Chiropractic experience and patient stories
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask us!
- Goertz CM, Long CR, Vining RD, et al. Effect of usual medical care plus chiropractic care vs usual medical care alone on pain and disability among US service members with low back pain: a comparative effectiveness clinical trial.(link is external)JAMA Network Open. 2018;1(1):e180105
- Gross A, Langevin P, Burnie SJ, et al. Manipulation and mobilisation for neck pain contrasted against an inactive control or another active treatment. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2015;(9):CD004249. Accessed at https://www.cochranelibrary.comon August 13, 2018
- Back Pain Relief 20777, 20860, 20861
Leisure World is an unincorporated area in Montgomery County, Maryland, In 1963, developer Ross Cortese applied for a zoning amendment in order to build a 1,000-acre community of semi-detached homes, townhouses, and apartment buildings south of Norbeck, Maryland. Norbeck is the area of Montgomery County, Maryland, United States, around Norbeck Road (Maryland Route 28) east of Georgia Avenue to Layhill Road.
Monday 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Tuesday 11:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Thursday 11:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM